YEAR-ROUND GLASS-RELATED ATTRACTIONS
• Kokomo Opalescent Glass – Explore the rich heritage and long standing tradition of Kokomo Opalescent Glass, America’s oldest art glass company. In its original location since 1888, public factory tours are given Monday-Friday at 10:00 a.m. Groups tours by appointment. During the tour, watch as glass is made, shipped all around the world, and hand blown by local artists. The OP Shop offers a wide selection of sheet glass, cast glass, rondels, and beautiful blown glass items. Classes are also offered throughout the year. Note: No open toe shoes or sandals permitted on the factory tour.
• Seiberling Mansion / Howard County Museum – Built in 1891 by industrialist Monroe Seiberling, the Seiberling Mansion features late-Victorian architecture, hand-carved woodwork, and multiple exhibits highlighting the history of Howard County. A special local glass exhibit features several pieces of Jenkins and Greentown glass.
• Greentown Glass Museum – Houses over 2,000 pieces of glass on display, including a vast number of pieces of glassware produced by the Indiana Tumbler and Goblet Company in Greentown between 1894 and 1903. Open seasonally.
• Crystal Wand Creations – This shop in Downtown Kokomo sells a variety of unique stained glass items and gifts.
• St. Patrick’s Church – Kokomo
• Kokomo Artworks Gallery – Kokomo
Historical Sites (no longer visible)
• Elwood Haynes and Pipelines to Chicago
• Indiana Tumbler and Goblet Company – Greentown